The DARCO OrthoWedge™ is clinically proven to reduce weight bearing pressure on the forefoot which promotes faster healing after surgery, trauma or when forefoot wounds or ulcerations are present.
Features and Benefits
- Reduces forefoot pressure by as much as 57%!
- Square-toe design acts as a bumper to protect the toes.
- Ankle strap seats foot firmly in shoe to reduce heel slippage and eliminate friction.
- Removable forefoot closure eliminates buckle pressure.
- Zoned outsole has an aggressive tread under the midfoot.
- EVA insole features twice the padding of standard insoles and can be modified as needed.
- Post Surgical healing
- Forefoot trauma
- Wounds or ulcerations present under metatarsal heads and toes.
- Any situation that requires a pressure off-load of the forefoot
Orthowedge Shoe for Forefoot Off-loading Relief
The key element that sets this bunion surgery shoe apart from other post surgery boots or shoes is its 15° dorsi-angle bottom. This makes users shift their weight to the mid- and heel area of the foot. The lack of pressure on the front of the foot and toes reduces pain and gives the injured area a chance to heal correctly. See BraceAbility’s full line of braces for foot conditions.
This lightweight and low-profile post surgery boot can help with a number of conditions, including:
- Bunions or after a bunionectomy (surgery to repair a bunion)
- Broken toes or forefoot fractures (including Lisfranc fractures)
- Ball of foot pain from trauma or metatarsalgia
The other components of this toe fracture shoe are also designed with healing and user comfort in mind. For one, the toe fracture sandal has a square toe design that is roomy and acts as a protective bumper against further damage.
The bunionectomy shoe as a whole allows space for bandaging and swelling and the Velcro top closures of the medical shoe are adjustable so that one can cinch the shoe for toe fractures tighter once the swelling has subsided and/or the bandaging has been removed. See more orthotics for treating bunions.
The EVA medical shoe insoles of the support provide durable and comfortable support to the mid-foot. EVA, or ethlylene vinyl acetate, is a foam material that consists of thousands of foam bubbles filled with gas that make the material lightweight and flexible. The tricot lining of the foam is comfortable against the skin as well as durable.
Healing Shoe for Broken Toe, Post Surgery & Ulcerations
There are a number of conditions for which treatment requires limited or no weight bearing on the front of the foot. Obviously, this is a difficult task and one that compromises one’s mobility. While using crutches can get the job done, it can also result in one’s muscles wasting away in the meantime.
A preferable alternative in some cases is wearing a wedged orthotic such as this medical shoe that forces one to keep weight off the front of the foot by shifting pressure to the mid-foot and sole.
The lightweight, flexible EVA insole helps support the foot so one feels stable moving about on the wedged orthotic. And the square-toe design and highly adjustable fit of the sandal for toe fractures means the support can easily accommodate a swollen or bandaged foot.
Post Bunion Surgery Walking Shoe to Protect Toe
This convenient shoe for bunions, fractures, ulcers and more enables one to conveniently rest the front of the foot and toes. Some of its features that enable the medical shoe to do so include the following:
- Orthowedge design with 15° dorsi-angle bottom
- This keeps pressure off the forefoot and toes and shifts weight bearing to the mid-foot and heel
- Square-toe design
- Wide, open toe area acts as a protective bumper
- Open design for breathability
- Velcro straps can accommodate changes in bandaging and swelling
- Two straps for a secure fit
- EVA foam insole for lightweight support and comfort
- Durable tricot lining
- Black color
- Treats: ulcers, bunions, infections, forefoot pain, fractures of the toes or forefoot bones, post-surgical care
- Intended to be worn while healing from a broken toe or other issue where you don't want your toes from hitting the ground when walking. Very adjustable, lightweight and can be worn on either foot
- 4 sizes which fit kids and adults
- Doctor recommended medical / hospital grade post-surgery or post-injury healing shoe that you can use at home during recovery.
Small weighs 12 ounces, Medium weights 14.2 ounces, Large weighs 15.6 ounces, and X-Large weighs 1 pound 5 ounces.
We have three shipping options available and are all displayed during the checkout process. The shipping options and rates will vary depending on the items and/or combination of items you have selected for purchase. Most orders will ship in 1 to 2 days. If your order was placed over the weekend or on a holiday, it will be processed following business day. In the event of a strain on the global supply chain for our products, we reserve the right to take up to 21-30 days for delivery of backordered items. Business days are from Monday to Friday.
There are two shipping methods available*:
- Standard Ground Shipping: Most orders shipped ground will be delivered 3-5 business days after your package ships.
- Two Day Delivery: Orders shipped with this way will be in transit for 2 business days.
Every order submitted after 3pm est Standard time will be processed the next business day.
Our manufacturers will drop ship your order. As our manufacturers have different warehouses around the Unites States they will ship from the warehouse where the item is in stock.
Our manufacturers will be the ones that determine the carrier for your order. The possible carriers to be used are UPS, USPS and FedEx.
Keep in mind that when ordering a variety of products, your order may come in multiple boxes and in different days within the established dates as they might be from different manufacturers.
If your order is over $79 the shipping will be FREE. If any product exceeds the weight of 6 pounds it will calculate a shipping fee. Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii do not qualify for free shipping.
Free shipping is available for most of our products. Heavier items however, are excluded from our free shipping policy. Keep in mind that free shipping cannot be combined with any other coupon code or promotion. If you have multiple products in your order, we encourage you to contact us so we can help you minimize your shipping rates. Heavier items not considered in our free shipping policy may include:
- Transfer benches
- Massage tables
- Gallons of specific products
- Cases of specific products
- Hospital Beds
- Patient Lifts
- Oxygen Concentrators
- ... and others.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.